《小豆子》(Little Bean),一本感动了无数爸爸的绘本!
Little Bean
小豆子
By John Wallace
朱小迪翻译、录播
Please can I have a story?
小豆子说,爸爸,能给我讲一个故事吗?
Not now, Little Bean, your father is tired.
妈妈说,现在不行,小豆子,你爸爸很累了。这时,爸爸转身上了楼。
Come away, your father is busy. He has to go away tomorrow.
于是,小豆子安静地在爸爸身旁玩耍。妈妈说,到这边来玩,爸爸正在忙,别打扰他,爸爸明天还要出差呢。
Will he read me a story before he goes?
小豆子问,那爸爸走之前,能给我读个故事吗?
Only if you're awake.
妈妈说,如果你能早早醒来的话,爸爸会的。于是,小豆子就早早地睡觉了。
Where's Daddy?
第二天,小豆子早早地就醒了,她问,爸爸呢?给我读个故事吧?
He had to go early, darling. He's going to be very busy.
妈妈说,亲爱的,很抱歉,爸爸早早地就走了,他今天特别忙。
Well, I can be busy too! Busy! Busy! Busy! Busy playing ball, busy having lunch,
那好吧,我也可以很忙的!忙着玩球,忙着吃饭,
busy answering the phone, busy feeding Oscar, busy playing,
忙着接电话,忙着喂小鱼,忙着玩耍,
busy brushing my teeth, busy saying goodnight.
忙着刷牙,忙着跟狗狗说晚安。
But at the end of the day she said, "I wonder where my Daddy is?"
可是,当一天结束的时候,她总是忍不住想爸爸,“好想知道爸爸现在在哪里呀?”
Little Bean's Daddy was busy. Busy at meeting, busy eating,
小豆子的爸爸真的很忙,忙着开会,忙着吃饭,
busy phoning, busy reading, busy writing,
忙着打电话,忙着看资料,忙着写材料,
busy getting ready for bed, busy brushing his teeth.
忙着准备睡觉,忙着刷牙。
But at the end of the day he said, "I wonder what my Little Bean is doing right now?"
可是,当一天结束的时候,他总是忍不住想,“好想知道我的小豆豆现在在做什么呀?”
The next evening he stopped at a bookshop and then he hurried home.
第二天晚上,爸爸去了一家书店,给小豆豆买了好多故事书,然后就赶紧回家去了。
Little Bean was fast asleep.
今天,爸爸好想给小豆豆读个故事呀,可是,小豆豆已经睡着了。
希望爸爸明天能早点回家,给小豆豆讲她最喜欢的故事。小豆豆一定会很开心的!
词语解析
1. awake [ə'weɪk] adj. 醒着的
2. bookstore ['bʊkstɔː] n.书店
3. asleep [ə'sliːp] adj.睡着的 返回搜狐,查看更多
责任编辑: